Today, we discussed Google Docs, which is something I’ve
been very interested in learning about. I’ve had several students in the
Learning Lab present their homework assignments to me in Google Docs instead of
in a Word Document. It’s a foreign concept to me, and I still think it’s better
to use Word if you’re not collaborating with other individuals on an
assignment, but I feel relatively comfortable using the program now for the
group assignments we are responsible for completing this week.
The problem with doing a group project, for me, is finding
the time to do more homework. I’m already running from work to class to the
library to work again without so much as a lunch break. My nerves are getting
worn thin, and we’re not even halfway through the quarter yet.
I am really looking forward to the group project though as
it will be great experience working with someone over a long distance without
any face-to-face time. I still prefer to be in the physical presence of another
person. There’s a palpable energy present that simply doesn’t transfer through
any form of technology. But it’s an invaluable resource to be able to
communicate and get work accomplished with another individual even when there’s
no possible way to meet at the same time or in the same location.
Exploring alternative forms of collaboration software for
this week’s discussion is also a helpful assignment. There’s so much
information out there about an abundance of products currently available; it’ll
be great to get some feedback and recommendations.
No comments:
Post a Comment