I began my first blog in December of 2009. At first, I just
wanted a place to record a few aphorisms I had ingeniously invented. Then, I
figured it would be a great place to store the poems and songs I’ve written as
an online back-up to my flash drive. Now, I would really like to learn useful,
free ways to advertise my blog so that once I begin an active writing and
editing career, my blog will actually get viewed. This class will hopefully be advantageous
to my future goals and aspirations as a writer.
I have intentionally requested my in-class blog to be viewed
by class members only because my blog is atrocious and my posts are rough draft
forms. I certainly hope no one else reads this blog because I’m a much better
writer when I take my time to write well and to edit the content than I am when
I simply write free-flowing consciousness.
I’m eager to read everyone else’s blog posts and to see how
they have designed their pages. I don’t know how much I’ll have time for, but I’ll
check out as many as I can. I think blogs are interesting and entertaining, and
they can also be quite informative.
Google Docs is actually what I’m most eager to learn about.
A lot of the students I tutor in the Learning Lab use Google Docs instead of
Word, so it’ll be great to get more familiar with any differences there are
between the two.
I also apologize if there are any typos in these blog posts.
As mentioned earlier, I am not editing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment