Friday, January 23, 2015

Challenging

     I keep forgetting about posting on my classroom blog. With all of my other homework, life responsibilities, and updating the social media sites, blogging seems to have fallen onto the back burner.
     I feel particularly challenged in this class because the only computer I have to work on when I’m not on campus is my Mac. Blackboard Collaborate doesn’t seem to want to work on my laptop, and I don’t know if it’s a Canvas issue or a compatibility issue. But at least my laptop has a webcam built in, so I won’t have to check one out from the library if I can get the software and hardware to all work properly on my laptop.
     Not having class in the classroom threw me off also. I spent most of that time posting in Google+ and reading the article for our group discussion page and writing a discussion post. I was barely able to get everything done on time as I also spent a lot of time trying to upload Blackboard Collaborate on my laptop and figuring out how to use the headphones with a microphone.
     There’s so much to learn, and it feels like there’s information pouring in on me from several different directions at once. It’s a lot to take in. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if I weren’t also working approximately 40 hours a week in addition to going to school full-time. But, big dreams take a lot of hard work. No one said this path was going to be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment